Re: Accidentals on split parts

Hi Mick

That's basically how I would interperet that particular measure as well. I
would all the notes in that measure that have an accidental before it would
carry over to all similar notes of that measure- ie if one "B"in the measure
was flattened then all the "B"s would be Bb as well unless I cancel the flat
with a natural.Same would apply to sharpened notes as well.

If there ere two independant parts to be played by what ever instrument
needed then I would use independant staves for each to save confusion; if
both parts are written on the single staff the I would assume both parts
would have the accidental added.

To test this out, I played B natural and Bb as a chord and the notes
clashed, ie discord. That being so I would assume the same thing could
happen in brass  band writing.

just my thoughts :)

Richard