Brassed On Magazine

I have been made aware that people have received spam
from the above organisation sent via the mail facility at The Brass
Band Portal. This facility (for example
http://www.bandsman.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailto.pl?recipient=nigel_horne)
is put on the site so that vacancies and what-nots don't have real
email addresses that can be harvested by so called spambots. Whilst The
BBP is protected these days by mod_spambot, the mailto.pl script
predates that technology and anyway I'd still like to keep it to avoid
email addresses becoming public.

For your information, I am contacted about once a month by outfits
attempting to purchase the list of email addresses that I have, rest
assured I will never sell these addresses (or give them away). To be
fair, this magazine is not one of them.

Please be aware that this magazine is NOT endorsed by the BBP, that I
have no connection with it, and I do not support it's marketing methods.
The magazine has not yet, to date, contacted me in anyway.

I am going to take measures to block that magazine from sending spam
via the website, but in the meantime some other messages may well get
through.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325