Bringing brass bands to the(classical-minded) masses. Or not, . ..

It also occurs to me these fine overtures (to me) are
seldom played by anyone, orchestras too.
Also, a bit more corny perhaps, but again no
accounting for taste, the Arcadians - that WAS played
a few weeks ago on "Friday Night is Music Night" (R2),
a very varied programme from week to week, which has
lasted a frightening number of years - almost as long
as Listen to the Band.

  How about some of the older stuff