Re: premature applause, and Rockville Brass Band October 2011 Newsletter

Thanks Nigel: hope all is well with you in USA - sad there were no comments on mine below, rather surprised too.  Perhaps I should have made it contentious like KNOCK POINTS OFF but that would not work as some would sabotage ..
Don't worry about he URL, most of us just point anyway how easy has "computing" become since MSDOS instructions and before ..
My baritone is in a bad way: don't ask/ made the obvious mistake.  I have choice of three places withing forty mile each to ask repair - the tried and tested Normans of Burton n T, a young chap who is the outpost of Geneva (Brass-fix of Towcester/Dan Smith), and an outfit in Northampton called www.firstbrass.co.uk .
There seems nothing nearer than forty miles from CV12 (Coventry north), for brass inst repair..
Just noticed this one .. http://www.brassrepair.co.uk/index.php, Paul Mourant.   Rgds, Eric G
Re:- >
http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=14109

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00l7x2v

Sad they started clapping and whistling 5 seconds before the last chord ended instead of five seconds afterwards ..
Any comments on this?  Or, how to stop it?
Most classical concerts, they wait to applaud for the Conductor to drop his hands, probably 5 seconds AFTER the last sound reverberates.
Rgds.   Eric G

--
-
-