RE: Return of Graeme McCulloch

Paul Warder wrote:

> On a more serious note it does beg the question of how this much vaunted
> 'unsponsored village band' can afford to re-acquire players from
> YBS. Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age?!

You mean you weren't already :-)

All I can say is that the 'unsponsored village band' has an identity (unlike
your band), players join for reasons other than money (unlike your band),
and the band will be around long after the sponsorship money of other top
bands dries up and all the overpaid mercenaries leave (like your band).

By the way, is it true that your sop player has just left and joined Fodens?
Maybe you can re-acquire him!  Get your cheque book out, ha ha !

Graeme came back to B&R from YBS because he didn't enjoy it, regretted going
in the first place, and not because of money.  I bet people find it hard to
believe that some players just don't want to play for YBS (who are obviously
the best band in history - or so the media would have us believe), even for
money.  I wonder what I would say if they ever asked me to play for them, it
could well start with an F and end with an F........  ;-)

Cheerio matey, its nice to get controversial again, back to lurking now.

Martin.
(currently ex-sop but part-time 4th man with B&R)