Re: Literacy

Can anyone please decode the following markings which are not defined in my
Boy's Own Book of Music?

1.  Tempo di Masurek
2.  eilend
3.  zogernd
4.  immer schneller
5.  energisch

I guess you must be referring to Carl Hohne's Slavische Fantasie. I don't
profess to know everything about these words (my ex-wife knows everything),
but here goes.

Tempo di Masurek - In the syle of the Mazurka (lively Polish Dance)
Eilend - similar to piu mosso
Zogernd - similar to meno mosso
Immer Schneller - direct translation always getting faster
Energicsh - with energy, similar to con energico

Hope that's a help.

Rob Green

P.S. My interpretation has always been that the piece should be played in a
sort of Hungarian Gypsy style rather than Russian - not that I profess to be
any sort of expert. In fact I could be talking total b****cks.