Texas

We're scheduled to share a concert with a choir from Texas (USA) in a
couple of months time, and since the choir will be performing music by
British composers I would really like the band to be able to play some
music from their region.

So are there now (or have there ever been) any great Texan composers?
We're ideally looking for fairly substantial pieces - no 'Yellow Rose'
suggestions please.

Cheers

David