Re: Trumpet/Cornet Mouthpiece Sizes

Hi Paul,

This question has been asked many times but it always intrigues me as to
what mouthpieces players on the list actually do use. I myself use a Denis
Wick 4 for my Cornet. I used to use a 4b but my conductor gave me this one
about a month ago and I've found that I can get a much broader sound with
it.

Ask around and try friends mouthpieces if they don't mind. Borrow one for a
week or so and try and do lots of practice to see if you notice a
difference.

best of luck,

Matt Hale
Cornet, Moulton 77, 2nd Section