Re: Texas

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions re: Texas music - nothing has really
struck me as suitable yet, though there are a lot of names I don't recognise
and so I need to do some more research.  Please keep the suggestions coming!

Stephen Tighe wrote:

> I think I feel Aran Copeland coming on here! Not strictly what you asked,
> but probably the most appropriate.

Yes - Hoe Down must be an option.  I was secretly hoping that someone would
write to say that Aaron Copland, Samuel Barber or Lenny Bernstein (or John
Williams, or John Cage, or John Philip Sousa...) had relatives or holiday
jobs, or even supported a rounders team from Texas, but no such luck...

Tom Scheibner suggests 'Home on the Range' - good idea but I was trying to
avoid cowboy stereotypes - I know how I'd feel if I visited Texas and was
greeted by a Texan rendition of 'On Ilkley Moor Bah't 'At'.

But I look at the calendar, and see that the choir is from Houston, and I
feel 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' coming on!

Please try harder!

David