Thanks for help and advice

I would like to thank everybody who offered their views on my mouthpiece
dilemmas. I have found it all exceptionally useful and interesting, and have
learnt a vast amount on the subject.

I am sorry it has taken so long to get back, but I have only recently
received my new cornet mouthpiece, which despite what I originally wrote is
actually a Dennis Wick 3B. I was waiting until I had played with it for a
bit to see what differences I could notice.

It was instantly apparent that the new mouthpiece enabled me to project my
sound greater, and this is already becoming a very positive factor. It has
not seemed to overly compromise other areas, so all in all I am very pleased
with the decision, it seems to have been the right one.

As I said before, I am very grateful for all of the advice. I will save all
of the replies to my harddrive, as they will undoubtedly all be of use over
time.

Thanks,

Paul Valentine

Principal 2nd Cornet, Staffordshire Youth Brass Band