Re: NABBA CONTEST XIX

Thanks for your note Ed. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had read my post.

Your argument about subs is of course the argument made for many years by
Nabba. I however stand by my feeling that it makes a travesty of the contest
when about 10 new players come on stage. I talked to several conductors at the
contest who also feel this way but the main offending group has been a very
important part of Nabba since its inception and no one wishes to offend them.
Having said that, my point is that Nabba is getting well enough established to
consider changing this rule before bands start saying "We won't come because
the contest is not fair". Maybe a limit on numbers? As to 2 bands, there was
only 1 major offender that I saw and they looked close to being able to field a
2nd group.

Regards.

Dave.