Re: Fw: NABBA CONTEST Rules

I have been monitoring these comments with interest. For the life of I
cannot understand why it is necessary to substitute players.

If you don't have the stamina to last 30 minutes, you are not much of a
player really. We in the UK value stamina in addition to a whole host of
other skills. I believe that this is quite possibly to do with the style of
playing out in the USA.

There are of course many fine brass players in US, but you don't seem to
able to adapt your playing to a more mellow, fuller style. This takes away
some of the stress on the lip and allows for more lyricism in the playing.

I fully realise that alot of the players in US play other styles more than
we do, but the fundamental difference here is that we have players who only
play in Brass Bands. Perhaps that is the secret.. more amateurs playing
brass band more often.

I would commend you to the "Brass Portal" website, where both Message and
Chat facilities are available via Delphi.com. We are always looking out for
a good debate.

ST