Ray Curson

It is with great regret and sadness that I report the sudden death of Mr.
Ray Curson.

Ray has been resident in Australia for many years now and has played an
active role in Australian brass banding organising several Australian
Championships in the State of South Australia. He was also instrumental in
inviting several British soloists to tour Australia, and showed wonderful
hospitality to those lucky enough to stay with him while on tour. He was
also very much involved with the Kensington & Norwood Band, and although he
had recently given up some of his extensive duties, I am sure he will be
sorely missed by all connected with the band.

Ray was a true gentleman in every sense of the word, and his mischievous
sense of humour will be sorely missed by all that new him. My father and I
regularly received long correspondence from him, a legacy of several
exchange visits of our families.

He leaves Betty, his wife, 3 children, Vincent, Heather and Jane and several
grand children. He will be sincerely missed by all that new him.

Alan Morrison

alan-morrison@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://website.lineone.net/~alan-morrison