Ray Curson

It was with great sadness that, last Saturday morning, I learned of Ray's
passing. In the late fifties I often played alongside Ray in the Drayton
Royal British Legion Band, as it was then. He was, and remained, a most
wonderful euphonium player, capable of playing with the best. I lost touch
when he emigrated to Australia but since going on.line, three years ago, we
struck up a regular correspondence. Over the last few weeks he e.mailed me
more frequently so I was able to update his friends in Norwich on his
progress. Nevertheless it was a shock to learn of his passing.
At rehearsal last night, Castleton Brass (formerly Drayton Band) played the
hymn tune 'Ellers' in Ray's memory.

Brian Hastings