Re: Sparke Concerto Grosso

Hi Kevin,

I have two recordings of this piece, both of which fit your description,
although in the BNFL recording it is easier to hear the soloists as distinct
from the rest of the band.  As this recording was produced by Philip Sparke
we might guess that it more closely fits his intentions (of course, I might
be very wrong).

Anyway, here are the details of both recordings:

"Concerto" Black Dyke Mills Band, conducted by Peter Parkes, Chandos
recording number CHAN 8793

"Cambridge Variations" BNFL Band, conducted by Richard Evans, Polyphonic
recording number QPRL 081D

Best wishes,
Wendy Spencer