"Vizcaya"- Gilbert Vinter

Greetings, List!

Having played "Hinemoa", "Celtic Suite", and "Malvern Suite" lately as
Test Pieces, the 4th-section band I conduct dug this piece "Vizcaya" out
of the library purely by chance. I like it a lot! It'll be a fair old
challenge, but so what?
The problem is, I'd like to know more about it. I know Vizcaya is a
coastal province in North-Eastern Spain, of which Bilbao is the capital,
but that's it.
Was it ever used as a test in England? If so, for what grade? and when?
and has anyone else played it or even heard of it?

Looking forward to your replies,

Robert Lynch,
Conductor, Levin & Districts Brass, New Zealand.