Re: George Marshall

Don't know if this helps but I first heard Ransomed either in the late 40's or
early 50's when the ISB made their first tour of North America. Josh Walford
played it on that tour. My suspicions are that it was published shortly after
that trip and written shortly before but I wouldn't swear to it. There must be
an active SA bandmaster on the list with all the scores from years back which
would help. The theme is a song "In Evil Long I took delight" with the chorus
"Now Jesus Reigns Supreme". Again that may not be accurate - it's a long time
since I looked at the score.

Dave Buckley.