New Piece on RTB site

Hi All,
       I've just sent Tim a new piece to put on the Rothwell Temperance Band
site. I hope people having tried the concert rondo that I sent a couple of weeks
ago have recovered from some of the more unusual time signatures. They are
actually perfectly logical... But that's another story.

The new piece is entitles L'apres midi d'un gourmand.

It is subtle and demands musicianship rather than virtuosity. The solo cornet
line does lie on the high side but there are no extremes of dynamics and it
could be split by the front row quite happily.

As ever there is an explanation of the title on the website

For people who are new to the list I should explain that the scores page on the
RTB site contains about 20 pieces that I have written for band and which are
available for free download. I do ask that peopel using the music perhaps send
me a recording of themselves playing the piece. So far not many of the people
who have downloaded my music have done this but one band in Holland has sent me
a MAGNIFICENT recording.

Please have a look at the new piece and the others if you are new to the list

All the best

Steve Watkins