Re: Brass festival

The Festival is this weekend 8th - 10th June at the Parc and Dare theatre in
Treorchy, South Wales.
Tickets are still available from the theatre at 5.
I believe that it is being recorded by S4C the welsh tv channel and that a
double CD (LIVE oh my!) is being made of the weekend.
Most of the new music has been commissioned for the festival and so will
only be available through the band for at least a year. Anyone wanting
permission to play and copies will have to go through the band.
If you email me privately, I will happily pass on any requests.

The Strauss last songs are for band and voice Denise Leigh in this case. Arr
M.S.Antrobus
The Mahler is the Finale from the 8th Symphony Arr. M Peach
The other new music is:-
Aspects of Adiemus  Karl Jenkins arr Peter Graham - Saturday
Witches Sabbath - Berlioz arr Roy Newsome - Friday
Concerto Melyn Coch -Andrew Powell for James Watson - Saturday
Carmina Burana (HUGE) Carl Orff Arr Roy Newsome - Sunday
Images of the Millenium - Howard Snell - Sunday- Commissioned for the
Leyland Band.

We are also playing on saturday Tallis Variations Phillip Sparke and Windows
of the World Peter Graham for our sins amongst many others.

If anyone from the list gets there, make yourself known ( I'll be on flugel
and probably in a heap in a corner somewhere after all this) and have
sympathy!!

Richard Smith
Flugel Parc and Dare ( and erstwhile WussBrass )
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx