Whit Friday

Can anyone help with where I may be able to get the full results for ALL
the contests at Whit Friday march contest.

The evening went quite well but due to the unfortunate efforts of what
can only be called a set of idiots our night was ruined due to the
trouble that they caused, and in so doing made the Police put a halt to
the remainder of the night. I was informed by another Bandsman that he
had heard on local radio that the Oldham side of the contest would more
than likely not be held next year. How sad that our Heritage should be
effected in this way by the actions of the senseless minority.Too few
Police or people who have had too much to drink? I feel that it must be
the latter as I have never seen any problems with any of the bands who
attend these contests. Please before it's to late bandsmen in the Oldham
area contact the members of your council and get them to sort the
problem out before we loose this famous contest for ever

George Fairhurst (Pemberton Old Wigan band)