Re: Hummel

How does the Hummel Trumpet Concerto relate to the Theme & Variations,
transcribed by Graham Walker?

The music is dedicated to James Shepherd.  I have a short score, but it
gives no information on the origins of the transcription.

In addition, my knowledge of music history is somewhat limited and I am a
bit too lazy to go look him up in the dictionary.  So while I may not know
too much about art I do know that it is a pleasure to hear Mr. Shepherd play
this solo.

Brian Stride
Euphonium, Little Mountain Brass Band
Vancouver, Canada