fingers

Due to too much practice I've been developing this lump on my finger (index,
left hand) where my cornet sits on it and apparently it's not very healthy.
It was suggested that I attach a bit of felt or something to the underside
of the bell, but I don't like that idea 1 because I know that there are
felty bandage type things on the market (with Lindberg's name written all
over them) for trombones that are supposed to make a darker sound, and I
wouldn't want to attach any such thing because I really don't want my sound
to be affected. 2 because I dont' really want to be sticking stuff on the
band's cornet!
Any suggestions?
Ta,
Nick