Ron Massey part one

Ron Massey wrote in the British Bandsman issue No 5148. 16th June Whit
Friday Marches. Stop this Nonsense.
 He was on is soap box complaining about a carnival emphasis creeping in
on a religious celebration and idiotic dressing up.and treated as a
fancy dress competition.
Most bands who come up to Saddleworth and Tameside holy shrine of brass
banding:-) from other parts of the country,come up to enjoy the company
of other bands there are not up for the prizes, because the prizes are
loaded towards Yorkshire area bands:-).
I was with Wuss Brass for the 2nd year running  the band is made up of
brass musicians  from the south of England with a contingent from the
Midlands. the entertainment value we gave to the people who watched us
march down the road and the applause and response they gave us for
entertaining them was electric and they shouted for more. and they were
more surprised when we played our statuary march, they were quite
suprised of the quality of the band who were mostly championship players
from the South and the Midlands. thank you to Scouthead+ACY-Austerlands
for the write up in our magazine.