Re: perfect pitch

We've found that my eldest son has perfect pitch, so much so that he can
tell if we detune the electronic piano away from its normal settings. When
asked to sing intervals during his piano lesson, when the teacher played a
note and asked him to sing a 5th above he just said "G".

As to where he got it from, while both Eve and I are fairly musical, neither
of us can come anywhere near this. However, he is also a very gifted
mathematician, and his school think that this is related.

Phil Kingsbury
Front Row Cornet, Godalming Band