Re: Ron Massey part one

On Wed, 20 June 2001, "ajec" wrote:

Most bands who come up to Saddleworth and Tameside holy shrine of brass banding:-) from other parts of the country,come up to enjoy the company of other bands there are not up for the prizes, because the prizes are loaded towards Yorkshire area bands:-).

- right: the majority of bands don't go for the prizes, unless they're in dream land

they were quite suprised of the quality of the band who were mostly championship players from the South and the Midlands.

- in our experience - the last three years - you don't need to have any discernable talent to be cheered and appreciated. To be clear, I'm not saying Wuss didn't have talent, I'm saying we got by without any:-)

Matt
Mercia Brass
(oh, 3rd/4th Section Bass Section Champions at Denton 2001, I've been told to mention)