RE: perfect pitch

I cant even play a hymn tune without dots and cant tell what note someone
next to me plays without reference to their music. After 30 years I have not
picked it up.

Strangely enough I can sight read most things ! Explain that !

Cheers,  Gerry.

PS. Just read the posting on relative pitch, perhaps thats the answer .