Re: fingers

From: "Nick Walkley" <nick.walkley@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Due to too much practice I've been developing this lump on my finger
> left hand) where my cornet sits on it and apparently it's not very
healthy.
> It was suggested that I attach a bit of felt or something to the underside
> of the bell, but I don't like that idea 1 because I know that there are
> felty bandage type things on the market (with Lindberg's name written all
> over them) for trombones that are supposed to make a darker sound, and I
> wouldn't want to attach any such thing because I really don't want my
sound
> to be affected. 2 because I dont' really want to be sticking stuff on the
> band's cornet!

I had to smile at this Nick.  Lumps are normal for musicians!  My father was
violinist and had a lump on his neck from holding the violin, my mother had
funny-shaped fingers through playing the piano, my brother has a hard patch
with a groove on each finger on his left hand from the guitar and I have a
lump on my right thumb from the clarinet.  What a strange family!  LOL

Sorry, no suggestions apart from try wearing a glove, or maybe take up the
euphonium!

Peter