FWD: posting (posted on behalf of John Swain)

Hello Nigel,

I sent this to the list but it was kicked back to me.   I was responding to
a question regarding quick sources for tuba ensemble literature.  I think it
is too late now, but you may wish to post it anyway.

John

One quick and easy source of small ensemble pieces for any group of
instruments can be found on the internet at any of the midi sites which have
PD music.  I download the midi files, pull them into Finale and modify as
needed.  There are dozens of possibilities for tunes which will work for
tubas.  There are lots of Renaissance 4-part things which work really well
for tubas, or any group for that matter.  The ranges are limited enough that
you can often score for 4 bass tubas, usually without any octave
transposition.

John Swain