Re: Powerpoint presentations

Leighton wrote: <I was wondering whether any of you have used powerpoint
presentations in any of your concerts, and if so what for?>

I have played in a number of bands that have used the powerpoint
presentation to great effect.  The purpose in our case (Salvation Army
bands) has been 2-fold.  First, often the songs used in SA pieces are older
and many newer people are unaware of the words and thus will miss the
meaning of some of the pieces.  Second, the current generation is often
unaware of the sometimes subtle nuances of music in general, and mood
changes are often missed, and as a result the entire meaning of the piece is
lost.

<I'd also like to know as to you thoughts on having a powerpoint of band
personnel for a concert.>

One of the pieces we did was "Keep Me Praising", using the tune "Give Me Oil
in my Lamp" and we used a powerpoint slide presentation of the band members
having fun, arriving for rehearsal and practising for our main purpose,
praising God.  It went over quite well, I think.

Ian Cooper