Re: Powerpoint presentations

The National Capital Band (Washington, DC) has used such presentations in
the past.  Assuming that you can find a good place to put up a screen and
get the images projected to a proper size, the presentation can be quite
effective.  We used it to introduce the pieces, soloists, etc.  The most
obvious advantage is that printed programmes are not needed, and the
presentation can easily be changed to accommodate late changes in the lineup.

I've also seen some presentations that go beyond a simple PowerPoint.  At
the Salvation Army Millennial Congress last year, the New York Staff Band
used full video presentations timed to some of the musical
selections.  This looked expensive, but was quite amazing.

Robert D. Schramm
The Brass Crest: <http://www.brasscrest.com>