Brass Band Summer School

Dear All,

Apologies in advance for sounding like an advert, but I've heard through
the grapevine that there are only a few places left on this year's
summer course, run by Bob Childs.  It's being held in Canford near
Bournemouth next week and apparently there's room to squeeze in a tenor
horn, Bb & Eb Bass, and a solo cornet.

I thought it important to bring it to everyone's attention as I know the
courses in the past have proven to be a great success, and it would be a
shame for anyone to miss out on an opportunity of going this year just
because they weren't aware of it or thought it had reached capacity.
So if anyone fancies having some expert tuition, making some new
friends, meeting up with old friends and turning a week of your summer
into a week of achievement, you really should get in touch as soon as
possible.  As it's quite close to the actual event, it's best that you
contact Bob Childs direct (email: euph4bob@xxxxxxx    Tel: +44 (0)1482
632217 Mob: +44 (0)7966 263881) for more information.

The week is ideal for all standards of playing, and makes for a great
alternative break from the treadmill!  The course runs from 4 August
through to 11 August (inclusive).  So if you or anyone you know could
benefit from the line up of tutors, advice and fun, don't miss out
...... right that's the end of my audition for Gob of the Year!  (And
thanks Nigel for letting me 'tell the world' via the list)

I'm just dead jealous of anyone able to go ...... the joys of an 8 month
old baby have got in the way for me on this occasion .... but next year
will be a different story!! :-)

If you manage to go, have a great time!

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-on-Sea Cooperative Band & Wuss Brass