Percussion Beginners

Hi All,

I'm involved with a junior band that very successfully
turns out young brass players. We'd like to be able to
say the same about percussion!

How do other bands manage it? Do you have seperate
classes, little ensembles, what books do you use?

We're really starting from scratch on this one so any
thoughts you have will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel