alphorn playing

Are you interested in playing the Alphorn ?

We are planning an illustrated presentation on the alphorn on the
evening of October 19th in Edinburgh, to be given by Dr Brigitte
Bachmann-Geiser of Bern, Switzerland.

Brigitte Bachmann-Geiser is the author of the book "Das Alphorn", now in
its second edition, and has been a prominent authority on the instrument
and its music for some time. The lecture will be free of charge.

If enough people are interested, it could be rewarding to have a
get-together for alphorn players on Saturday October 20th in or near
Edinburgh.  Participants would need to bring an instrument.
Accommodation can be arranged at a reasonable cost.

If you are interested, e-mail to:  euchmi@xxxxxxxx

We will see in mid-September if there is sufficient interest to go ahead.

			 Arnold Myers

Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments,
Reid Concert Hall,  Bristo Square,  EDINBURGH  EH8 9AG,  U.K.
Web URL:  http://www.music.ed.ac.uk/euchmi/