Fw: stuff for cold sores!

A couple of months ago I read here about some "drugs" that were really
effective for cold sores. I think you had to buy them from America. My
husband has suffered recently with severe cold sores and we have the
National Finals in a few weeks time and he's worried that they will
reappear then. Could anyone let me know the name of this
cream/pill/lotion ?

Jayne