RE: Fw: stuff for cold sores!

HI, Jayne!

I have found that the prescription drug, Acyclovir, appears to be effective
against cold sores ("herpes simplex")  IF a course of treatment is initiated
IMMEDIATELY after the symptoms begin (for me this is an itchy irritation
somewhere where my mouthpiece rests).

If there is a delay of hours between my noticing the symptoms and my
begining dosage of Acyclovir, I will get a sore, but the severity of the
sore is directly proportional to the delay.  Therefore, I have several
stashes of the drug, in my briefcase at work, my trumpet case, my cornet
case, as well as the medicine cabinet at home.

I hope this helps!

Guy Clark
solo cornet
Illinois Brass Band