RE: Brass Mp3's

Leighton,

Those two pieces would have to rank amongst the all-time great brass band
pieces imho.  I never tire of playing or listening to them. Sorry I don't
know where to find any Mp3's.

However I was interested to hear that the National Youth Band of New Zealand
will be playing them.  Back in the mid 60's I played eupho in 4 national
youth bands and I recall one of our major works being Eric Ball's Rhapsody
on Negro Spirituals.  That indicates to me how much the standard must have
lifted over the years.  Or perhaps it is simply the fact that pieces like
Resurgam etc. have been around so long that they have just become easier by
sheer familiarity?

Anyway, good luck with the audition.  Who is taking the band this time?  In
my time it was the likes of Ralph Simpson, Vince Belgrave and Ross McGavin
amonst others.

Cheers,
Roy,
Principal Eupho, Greater Dandenong Band,
Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
www.centurynova.com.au/greaterdandenongband/