Re: Emboucher problems

Dear list

Does any one on the list have (or is aware of) any
documentation specifically on the emboucher and
mouthpiece position etc..?

After years of playing slighly to one side of my
mouth, I changed my emboucher to centralise the
mouthpiece. The problem is that now when I look at my
emboucher in a mirror as I blow, there is an obvious
difference in the shape of my lips on each side of the
mouthpiece. (maybe this is why sometimes I produce a
slight buzz at the side of my mouth as I play? -
however, I only tend to get the buzz when I'm doing
private practice and even then it's rare.)

Has anyone on the list experienced the same thing and
what did you do to correct it?

In terms of vertical positioning: I once heard that
trumpet players play 1/3 upper, 2/3 lower while french
horn players play 2/3 upper, 1/3 lower - can this be
the same for cornet and horn players in brass bands?

Also, it would be interesting to know from any tenor
horn players on the list what mouthpieces you prefer.
I've always played on a Dennis Wick 3 but recently
changed to a 2 and hopefully it seems to have
corrected the buzzing problem.

Any comments/suggestions would be appriciated.

Many thanks

Simon
Tyldesely Band

www.TyldeselyBand.com