Re: Re: Emboucher problems

Simon,

Try Philip Farkas' Book - The Art of French Horn Playing and also How Brass
Players Do it.

I was a tenor horn player and I played on a size 2 for Years. You need to
have the largest mouthpiece that you can handle to gain the best sound really
(Others may disagree on this - a discussion point approaching I fear!!)

The buzzing could be down to a cracked bell or the mouthpiece not in place
properly.

I hope this has been of some help to you and other bandspeople.

What are other peoples thoughts on this?.

Cheers

David Beal GBSM  A.Mus.LCM  ABSM(P)  ABSM(T)  ABSM(C)
Headline Music Productions
<A HREF="http://www.headline-music.co.uk";>www.headline-music.co.uk</A>
<A HREF="http://www.headline-music.com";>www.headline-music.com</A>