Les Preludes

Congratulations and well done to all those who took part in the recent 'Open', Particularly to David King and his fabulous Y.B.S. Band.
	  I would like to thank David for allowing myself and other members of the N.A.B.B.C. the opportunity to hear almost the last rehearsal of this remarkable piece of music. Which was suiteably
and tastfully arranged by Mr Gay.
	  I have often been troubled by the thought that most musicians
accept the synopsis that it is a musical representation of 'Man's experiences of/ through life. How can this be? Stiring as the music may be, it suggests nothing of this nature to me. Niether did it to Liszt.
and if we read the band paper niether does it to Bram Gay. It would seem that the contemporary corespondents of Liszt's day made up their own interpretation. Therefor if they can be allowed to do that
may I also suggest my own synopsis.
   Firstly I am not a stricktly religious man but I invite you to read the bible Genesis chapter one.  You will 'hear' the 'darkness' and the 'void'
then the light, then the Storm and flood, then the raven then the dove
and finally the conquering of the 'evil.'  This is 'MY' view, I have thought long and hard whilst listening the music.My thanks also to Mr Gay for reinforcing it.  Your thoughts would be very interesting.
Eric Jessop  M.D. Dodworth Band Nr. Barnsley Yorkshire.