Stealing from friends

I think making a cassette copy (or CD) for one's own use is no problem.
I make compilation CDs for the car etc. Copying recordings so you do not
have to pay for them for it is stealing.
 I urge all members of this list not to do this. It can only hurt the bands
who make these CDs.
 If it becomes widespread copying may make commercially CDs of bands
unprofitable.
Should this happen you may find you have nothing to copy. I am sure every
band who produces a CD does so in part to raise
money for the band. Keep in mind when you copy that CD you are hurting that
bands finances and
possibly its continued existence. In North America CDs are the ONLY way to
hear these bands.
With the possibility of buying online it is no longer even difficult to find
the recordings.
Brass Band CDs are no doubt a niche market that has to be justified to
executives.

The players on these recordings are part of a small friendly community that
is world wide.

Why would you want to steal from your friends?

Graham J Young B.Mus B.Ed

Weston Silver Band