RE: Re: Stealing from friends

Copywrite laws normally do not include material copied for study purposes.
That's why they have copiers in libraries. It is wholesale copies with the
purpose of just not paying for a recording.
Copying parts to prevent the loss of originals doesn't bother me either.
As a former band librarian I have found to many missing parts.
My orchestra plays from rented music . If it is lost or even late coming
back
>From a player there is a penalty for it's loss. In this case it is better to
play from copies.
You can also mark them up as you wish. Nothings worse than getting a part
Someone else has marked with cuts, fingerings etc. Since the rental is paid
Or the parts bought no problem. It is deliberate copying to avoid properly
compensating people for their
Work and talent I object to.

Graham J Young B.Mus B.Ed
Hamilton Musician Services