Re: Copyright

This is of course all true and fair enough.  However it is quite clearly a
law designed not to protect the interest of the author of the work, but the
interest of the copyright holder - usually the publisher - who takes the
vast majority of the profit.

Copying onto cassette has been going on for over twenty years on a massive
scale, and I'm afraid I don't see the record industry suffering one bit.  In
fact there is considerable evidence showing the opposite.

In my opinion, bands (along with many other types of artists) should
consider making their recordings available in mp3 format from the beginning,
possibly via their website - paying the MCPS/PRS fees - and then take all
the profit for themselves as it should be.

The process of producing CDs is an outdated one that suffers from a
long-dead LP model and the sooner digital distribution becomes widespread
the better.

Mac