Fwd: Appeal for players

Please reply directly to Chris. Do not reply to me, do not reply to the list (or pass go or collect £200 for that matter).

-Nigel

Subject: Appeal for players
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:27:59 +0200
From: "AINGER,CHRIS (A-England,ex1)" <chris_ainger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

The Stowmarket Concert Band are travelling to North Germany this weekend and
have had a cornet player drop out at short notice due to being hospitalised
with asthma. This is an appeal for anyone in the area who might be
interested in stepping in at short notice.

We are leaving Stowmarket (in Suffolk, about 12 miles west of Ipswich) early
Thursday morning, and will travel to Harwich to meet the HSS. Once in
Germany, via the Hook of Holland, we will travel south towards and beyond
Hanover to a town called Hildeshiem, arriving Thursday evening to meet our
host families. Friday we will play a concert in the town in the afternoon,
with a joint practice in the evening. Saturday is a free day in Hanover
followed by a "social event" in the evening (I think those having been to
Germany previously know what I mean!). Sunday we have are planning a
football match for any able bodied players, and in the evening we are
playing in the towns concert hall with a massed band prom finale (about 150
players expected for the finale). Monday morning we will be setting off
early for the return leg, getting to Stowmarket at about 8/9p.m.

This is a very late appeal but anyone interested in playing (front or back
row, we can juggle to suit) can contact me by email or phone, all details
below.

Best Regards

Chris

Band Manager, SCB
chris_ainger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mob:	07932 681314
Work:	01473 465562
Home:	01449 672447

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325