Re: Viruses on the list

I feel that I need to make a statement here before people become frightened by
one post.

Since I upgraded from Windows to Linux a couple of years ago there have been no (0, zero)
cases either confirmed or alledged of the mailing list sending out viruses other than this post.

The software runs each post through a filter that I have written which removes a number of
things including ALL attachments, whether viruses or not.

Having said that one must always be on one's guard and I am always open to talk to if people
see something suspicious, but blind statements such as this do not help. Since they affect the
reputation of both the mailing list and my ability to run it I will not take kindly to such allegations unless
some proof is furnished, and even then it would be more sensible to talk to me rather than the list anyway.

I remind you all of rule 24.

If the mailing list has sent out a virus please send details to me of the date, subject and sender so that
I can investigate. A prize of a free piece of music from my catalogue to anyone who can prove that this
has happened in this year.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325