Re: Re: Viruses on the list

I didn't mean to imply that the list was in any way to blame for virus
issues I've encountered recently. Indeed, as I said, " I haven't received
any from the mailing list". However, it is a sad fact that viruses are out
there and we all need to make provision for them. Anybody picking up this
list has a ready made selection of email addresses to target, since our
source addresses are all on our mails, and as a result viruses could be
distributed without the virus itself ever actually hitting the list server.
We all do need to be prepared to deal with virus infection, preferably by
using anti-virus software. Once a virus hits a list member's PC, there is
the prospect of that PC emailing everybody on the contacts list without the
owner's knowledge and as a result any of us receiving an infected email.

Phil Kingsbury