Re: Viruses on the list

> I've been getting the 'old- "I've sent this file for your advice"-

This is the famous "sircam" mail worm. As with many such programs, you can't trust
the "from" address contained in the message.

> I've always assumed that my e-mail
> has been on someone on this list's address book

Correct.

> One virus sent to me actually contained my original posting and was
> forwarded to you Nigel.

But it was NOT originated from the list, so I stand by my original statement. Since I wrote
the software filter NO VIRUSES HAVE GOT THROUGH FROM THIS LIST. I'm sorry to
shout, but some people seem ready to accuse without evidence, and such people are slow to
apologise. Last week my web site was accused of harbouring a virus. No evidence was forthcoming,
indeed I was critisised for asking for such evidence. Rest assured, the web site runs on Solaris,
not Windows, so it does not harbour the CodeRed or any other virus. So you see why I get
very touchy about groundless accusations which will worry people who are new to computers.

I remind you, if you have evidence send it to me, don't sound off on the list.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325