Re: Making a cd

Our band (The Wigston Band) made our second recording last November, and it
worked out great! We got in touch with a local recording engineer who had
done a lot of work with brass bands, and had also played in them. He came an=
'miked up' the band room early Sunday morning, we then recorded the C.D. ove=
the rest of Sunday and Monday evening! Which is usually quite a short time,
but if you make sure that the band is well rehearsed on the music you're
recording, then you can record in as few takes as possible (saving everybody=

time and money, as the engineer charges by the hour)! We then were in on the=

mixing, to ensure we got what we felt was the band's best sound. We then
recorded our own C.D.s from the master using a knowledgeable bandsman, his
computer and C.D. rewriter. This meant that we were able to sell the C.D. AT=

=A35.99p and still make a good profit. You obviously need to check that any
music you're recording is covered by performing rights, etc. otherwise you
could be in trouble. All in all though, we found the whole thing quite
painless, although because we did quite a bit of the work ourselves, it was
time-consuming for some of us. Don't forget to push the C. D with your local=

radio station/newspaper, etc., as Radio Leicester and The Leicester Mercury
we're brilliant with us. Get in touch if you need any more info, etc.
By the way we'll be up your way in November, at 'Pilkingtons' (sorry!
Wilkinson's ) contest. Maybe catch you there.

With Best Wishes
Colin Raggett
colinraggett@xxxxxxx
Public Relations Officer, The Wigston Band.
www.wigstonbrassband.co.uk

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.