French Horn mouthpieces

About a year ago, my tuba was stolen and I'm going nuts to play again.  Last
night I went to a concert of my former band (Concert, not brassband) and
noticed that the French horn section needed serious help.  Also, quite a few
of my former colleagues mentioned that it didn't have to be tuba; it could
be anything.  Since I don't have the cash for a tuba, I've been thinking of
getting a French horn, but I have a problem I hope for suggestions about.

The mouthpiece is impossibly small and the back-bore would suffocate a
mouse.  Does anyone have experience on a LARGE mouthpiece on a French horn?
I'm thinking of getting one made that has a rim more like a tenor trombone
shanked down to the size that'll fit the horn.  For the high notes, I'll
just muscle it up.

Any ideas?  I need to push air!

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.