Band Names

Hello all,

I am Chairman of a brass band based in Abingdon Oxfordshire, the band is
called Abbey Brass, anyone who has read the article on the front of the
British Bandsman at the end of September will realise that this is a name
that has been adopted by a new band that is being formed in Romsey.

The opinion i am after, is based around the name of the new band....

Should the new band have checked that a band of the same, or similar name
does not already exist?? I am aware that 2 bands cannot register with the
same name, but if they add Romsey to the end of their name then we will have
Abbey Brass (Abingdon), and Abbey Brass (Romsey).... i am not aware of any
other band names that are close to being the same, you may of course know
different....

IMHO i am not sure it really matters, but the views of bandsman around the
globe would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Tompkins
(Abbey Brass, Abingdon)

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk