Brass Band Name Registry

Dear All,

Some time ago, and for a similar reason as already discussed, I started
thinking about setting up a Brass Band Name Registry in order to help
organisations avoid clashes of titles in this way.  With this recent
discussion, I'm now ready to commit, and have decided to get the project
moving!

I am in no way trying to control who can have what name, it is simply
aimed at being an online (most probably downloadable too) reference
document to check against if a name change or new band name is required.
 So, even if there are already a number of bands with the same name, if
they all register, they will all appear in the listing.

I'm hoping to make it an international list, so wherever you are
located, if you want to register your own band's or brass ensemble's
name please complete and submit the form you'll find at:
http://www.justbrass.co.uk/younameit

If you can spread the word around and get as many organisations as
possible to submit their details, the end result could become a pretty
reliable reference point.

I'm not sure where this idea will lead, but as it evolves you never
know, there may be room for development where a band's name can be
registered as 'intellectual property', and protected from duplication.
At this early stage though, and before I get totally carried away, I
just want to try and provide a cross-reference point.

Finally, before anyone worries - there's no money involved in this ....
just a request that you offer patience whilst it gets compiled!

Bye for now,

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-On-Sea Co-Operative Band

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk